Secondhand News

Monday, February 06, 2006

Hotel California

This morning I heard The Eagles’ Hotel California. I remember hearing this song when I was a kid and then having nightmares about it. Crazy, right? Well, have you ever listened to the lyrics???

And she said 'We are all just prisoners here, of our own device'
And in the master's chambers, they gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
'Relax' said the nightman, We are programed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Steely knives? A beast you can’t kill? Never being able to leave? Mmm hmmm. Sleep tight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home