Secondhand News

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Wednesday evening

I finally got tired of waiting for a call from the hospital, so I called them. The woman that does the scheduling was off yesterday and hadn't completed the scheduling when I called around noon, but anticipated that she would be finished in about 30 minutes. At 3:00, I again was tired of waiting, so I called back and she decided she could do it while I was on the phone. Surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, July 7. We'll go in on Monday (July 6) to get the pre-op bloodwork, MRI, etc. completed and get the details of what's going on Tuesday.

Mom and I spent the day puttering around the house doing this and that. We were able to have lunch and ice cream out on the deck before the rain came. I'm trying to figure out her system (or lack thereof) for paying the bills and managing the checkbook in case I need to do it in the near future. Mom is somewhat unorganized and this nearly drives me crazy so we spent part of this afternoon organizing! It's something I enjoy much more than she does, but we got to spend the day together so I guess she tolerated all my organizing.

We're all looking forward to Tina's lasagna tomorrow night and then the rally on Friday evening! Uncle Allen and Aunt Mary Ann are starting their trip home for Mom's surgery from Texas this evening, so pray for their safe arrival. Justin and Allison are planning on spending part of the weekend with us, as well, so Mom is excited for that!

4 Comments:

  • I heard about your mom from a friend. I understand what your family is going thru. My husband was diagnosed with a left frontal/temporal lobe GBM in September 08. He had surgery at WVU and did very well. They removed 99% of the tumor. He did radiation, chemo and continues to do monthly chemo. He at this time is doing very well. Your mom and family is in our prayers. If you have any questions I am sending my email address. I will continue to read you updates. Prayer and Faith is what keep us going. God Bless you all...KarCoop114@aol.com

    By Blogger KarCoop, At 10:05 AM  

  • Misty,
    I am soooo glad you are writing this blog. I want to know how things are going but I don't want to keep bringing it up. Your mom seems to be in great spirits. She is obviously a very strong person. Chad and I are praying for all of you and if there is anything we can do to help out, just say the word!!! You guys are part of our Church family and we love you very much!!

    By Anonymous Michelle M, At 10:09 AM  

  • Misty,

    Love the blog. I have to echo what Michelle said, hate to ask how she is, but hate not too. Keeps up in the loop so we can help bear the burdon. That's what Church family is for. (Also I loved the crafts for VBS).

    Love,
    Jason, Melissa and Colson

    By Blogger JasonGlenn, At 11:33 AM  

  • Hi Misty, I am thankful to have all the updates. Your Mom will certainly be in our prayers next Tuesday as everyday prior to and thereafter...Prayers for rapid healing and family strength. Misty, I am sure Susi & Jeff are so proud of your strength and thankful for your friendship. You have grown into a powerful young woman. They are fortunate to have such wonderful children. Again, thank you for the updates. Please throw your arms around your Mom & give her a great big warm bear hug from us and let her know we love her. Doe & Sandy

    By Blogger sandy walters, At 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home