Secondhand News

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday, June 27

Mom has had a really good day today. Justin, Allison, & Echo spent the night last night, and then stayed until they had to go to work tonight. It was a relaxing day which was good for everyone. This evening after Dad left for work we made a trip to Lenox for the Ice Cream Social. The homemade ice cream was very good and we got to see several concerned friends and neighbors. Mom has been off her pain medication for three days now, so I guess that's a good sign, too. The sutures in her incision are healing nicely and she'll probably get them out sometime next week, possibly when we go in for the pre-op MRI.

Feel free to pass on this address to anyone I may have missed. I tried to get in contact with everyone I had email addresses for, but know that I've ended up missing people. Thank you all for your continued support and prayers. We greatly appreciate it!

2 Comments:

  • Misty,
    So, sorry to hear about all of this. Thank you for the blog to keep up on your mom. You, your mom, and whole family is on our prayer list. It sounds like you are the pillar of strength right now. Just remember that it is ok for you to lean also. I am here if you need anything just yell. My number is 304-698-7912 Hang in there girl. Kim Burns

    By Anonymous Kim Burns, At 6:51 AM  

  • Amazing that all of that "normal live" that we used to take for granted is so precious now, isn't it? My faith became most real when my mom was sick.

    By Blogger Donna, At 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home