Secondhand News

Monday, July 09, 2012

Magnetic store list.

Just this week I finally joined Pinterest and have now become obsessed...  In the last 3 days I have created more from the inspiration I've pinned than I have in the last 3 months.  I wanted to share today's project.  I combined a couple of the ideas I saw on Pinterest to get the idea for this project.  

This will go in the kitchen to us communicate what we have and what we need to buy when we're at the store.  The supplies I bought were large glass gems (from the dollar store), modge podge, magnets, a cookie sheet, and gorilla glue.  I used my paper punch to punch 1 1/4" circles of patterned paper from my stash.  


Once I had all the circles punched, I wrote the various staples we generally have on our shopping list.  I used the ultra fine point Sharpie markers.


Then, brush the front side of the paper with modge podge glue and stick to the glass gems.  Allow this to dry a couple minutes.


Apply the magnets with gorilla glue and I used clothes pins as a clamp.  Allow to dry for 1 hour.


I used stickers to spell out "need" and "have" on my cookie sheet.


1 Comments:

  • You are back to the blogging world! Yea! Tell me on fb when you post something new so I don't miss anything. I love your pinterest share!

    By Blogger Donna, At 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home