Secondhand News

Friday, January 07, 2011

January 7, 2011

It is with a heavy heart that I am posting this today. Mom's fight ended this afternoon. She fought a courageous and strong battle. We were all able to be here with her and she left us peacefully. She didn't suffer, and she wasn't in pain. We played John Denver for her and she just slipped away at 2:45 this afternoon.

Justin and Allison came up on Monday evening and have been here all week. It's been a good time together that I know will be very special for years to come. I know that she would have loved to have been able to spend more time with us, but she had grown tired and was ready. She has been preparing for this for some time now and we had been made aware of many of her wishes.

We have not yet made arrangements, but as soon as we have the information I will pass it along. Please continue to remember us in your prayers as we deal with the loss of a wonderful mother and wife. Rejoice in knowing that she is at peace in a much better place and someday we'll be reunited again.

In the coming days I may find the right words to share, but I haven't yet found them.

3 Comments:

  • Your words come straight from your heart! God's peace and joy to you and your family. I am here for you today and all the tomorrows when you need me....

    By Blogger Donna, At 7:12 PM  

  • I'm so sorry, Misty. Prayers are being said for you and your family.

    By Blogger Karyn, At 7:19 PM  

  • Thinking of you and sending much love and prayers to you and the family. You are right that your mom was courageous.. you are too.

    By Anonymous Lora, At 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home