Secondhand News

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 30, 2010

Here we are already, the last day of June. What a busy June it was! I'm still here and Mom's doing alright, we've just been busy, busy, busy. Now that my renters have moved out I've been painting and painting and painting at the house the last couple weeks. Mom has been feel alright, but has not felt much like painting, so she just supervises and watches the paint dry. So far with the help of Dad, Donna, Susie, and Lana, I've gotten the dining room, kitchen, and 3 bedrooms painted. The plan is to paint the living room tomorrow and maybe tackle the 4th bedroom Saturday.

Yesterday I took Mom over for labs and the results came back that she has an infection. She's been put on antibiotics and instructed to drink lots of fluids to flush the infection out. She seems to be feeling alright, just tired and a little slower than usual. We've had VBS this week and Mom has been right there helping, as usual. She will have her usual infusion treatment on Friday, as well as an appointment with Dr. Torres. We're hoping to soon have an appointment with a surgeon to see about having a port put in. After talking with a friend who has recently been diagnosed with cancer, Mom has reconsidered the idea of having a port. I'm sure that the nurses having a difficult time finding her veins recently has also had something to do with changing her mind.

We had a delightful evening last Friday at the crop at Michaels with Phyllis and Debbie. It has really been a nice experience to get together and talk and do a little bit of scrapbooking. I can't wait to get my craft room up and running in my house so we can get together all the time!

I'll get an update posted soon after the appointment and infusion on Friday.

1 Comments:

  • Glad to help with painting. Can't wait for tiling! Busy cleaning at my own house for the time being...

    By Blogger Donna, At 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home