Secondhand News

Monday, May 03, 2010

May 3, 2010

Happy May, everyone! It looks as if we've got all the snow behind us now and spring is in full swing. I took my last final of this semester this evening. My other school year is winding down and the kids are winding up. Mom's been feeling pretty good these past few days. We had an extra special surprise on Sunday, when Aunt Bev and Uncle Mike from Illinois dropped by for a surprise visit! We haven't seen them in 20 years, so it was a very nice surprise. We had dinner together at Olive Garden and caught up on the last few years.

Mom will have a long day of appointments on Friday, hopefully with her labs coming back with great results. Other than that, there is little else going on. Mom has been keeping herself busy making thank-you cards for all of our wonderful friends who are taking such great care of us! She's also been spending some time at Michaels with me, as we have started hosting scrapbooking parties! Aunt Ann has been partaking of the festivities, as well, and served as chauffeur the last time. Phyllis joined us in March, but skipped out in April, so we're hoping she can come again in May. Mark your calendars for May 28 from 5-8:45 and be entertained if nothing else!

I've been busily working on getting some jewelry made for a small "event" in Kingwood. A co-worker of mine asked me if I'd be interested in selling some of my stuff at a jewelry and purse party they're hosting to benefit the middle school band, so I'm trying to get a nice selection put together for that. It will be my first gig like this, so if you're in the area and looking for a last minute Mother's Day gift, stop by the McGrew House on Saturday from 12-3.

I'll keep you posted on the happenings with Mom as we find out what's going on after her MRI on Friday. Keep praying that Cain and Abel have responded to the treatment and are no longer there! Have a blessed week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home