Secondhand News

Sunday, February 14, 2010

February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Mom's been on me to get this updated, so here we go. We've got over 30" of snow and we spent the whole week snowed in. We're expecting more snow tonight and tomorrow, so we'll see about going back to school this week... Mom is feeling pretty good and is recovering from the cough I shared with her. Luckily she didn't get it nearly as bad as I had it. I'm finally feeling better now, too. We're being very well taken care of by our friends and neighbors. Thanks to Linda Rae, Lindsay, Tammy, Bob & Kay, Joan & Eugene, and Jenny our refrigerator is full and we've even started utilizing our natural refrigerator outside, too. Mom wants me to express our heartfelt gratitude to each and every one of you for thinking of us. From your flowers, cards, prayers, and the delicious meals, it is very much appreciated by our family. She also wanted to thank those of you who work with Dad, Justin & Allison, and me for all you have done for us. The mailbox has been a source of inspiration as Mom has received cards from so many people who continue to remember her in their prayers. Allison sent me an email to remind me to provide Mom's updated address as it has changed when we were given "physical" addresses. Anyway, the new mailing address is 8762 N. Preston Hwy. Albright, WV 26519.

We had a nice relaxing week here at home recovering from colds, coughs, and congestion. Mom and I got tired of watching tv one night and put together a puzzle. I had forgotten how much fun puzzles were! We were finally able to dig out on Thursday and make a trip to Bruceton and Kingwood, then Mom and I made a trip to Morgantown yesterday. Otherwise we've been trying to keep warm and cheering on the USA while enjoying the Olympics!

We continue to ask for an interest in your prayers and I urge you to remember the Jennings family as Jarrett was deployed to Afghanistan on Saturday and Jenny is in Tennessee with the three kids. Be thankful for the sacrifices of these individuals and their families as they allow us to enjoy the freedom and safety we have.

I will leave you tonight with a scripture I stumbled across while flipping through a magazine this week. Now may the
God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13

Enjoy your week. Try to stay warm and be thankful for the many, many blessings God has bestowed upon you!

1 Comments:

  • Very nicely done! You and your family are an inspiration to many. Thanks for the address up date, too. Love you!

    By Blogger Donna, At 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home