Secondhand News

Friday, September 25, 2009

September 25

I haven't been doing so well at keeping up with this... Things have been busy or sleepy around here, one extreme or the other. We finished up radiation on Wednesday!!! It was a great day and all of us were able to be there to celebrate! Justin, Allison, and I all took off early from work to surprise Mom at treatment and then we had a fancy celebration lunch at Arby's. Dad had to get home for bed because he was going out on night shift Wednesday night, so we'll have to have a proper celebration some other time.

Yesterday I had a professional development day at school and David Weber spoke to all the staff. Mom has been reading his book, "Sticks and Stones" and I talked her into coming with me to hear him speak. He provided a very entertaining message and I think everyone had a good time! I encourage you to check out his books or at least his website davidweber.com. Lots of information to improve your relationships with everyone you meet!

We're gearing up for the Buckwheat Festival and some Preston High football this evening. I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend!

1 Comments:

  • Well, we'll think of you while we are listening to Kathy Mattea! Go Knights!

    By Blogger Donna, At 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home