Secondhand News

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday, August 12

Mom started her chemotherapy on Monday evening and had her first radiation treatment yesterday. So far she has been feeling alright aside from a rash on her arms and legs. We're going to get that checked out when we go back for the treatment today. I'm trying to think back on our week to determine if anything is worthy of talking about. The kind people at the plant are spoiling us with their good meals! Our refrigerator is full and we're well-fed. Axle's polecat perfume has finally faded enough that it is only detected when it rains. Lucky for us it rained yesterday!

Since Mom's treatments didn't begin on Monday, she and Dad helped me paint my classroom! The work went much faster than had I tried to go at it alone. We had a good time listening to good music and just painting. Sometimes it's important to do thoughtless tasks to let your mind wander. I was once told that it is good for your mind to do things like that, for example, when you're driving a very familiar stretch of road, and you awake from your daydreaming and don't really remember driving the trip. The drive home from Michaels on I-68 is that for me. Journaling is also another one of those tasks. Take care of your minds!

I will leave you with this scripture from James 2:26: As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. What works can you do for others in the name of The Father today?

1 Comments:

  • I should have come up to see your room. I was there this morning...yellow is one of my new favorite colors.

    By Blogger Donna, At 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home