Secondhand News

Friday, July 24, 2009

Thursday, July 23

We had a very busy day today. We saw Dr. Boling, the neurosurgeon, this morning. He was very pleased with Mom's progress and at how well she has bounced back from her surgery. He even complimented her new hairstyle. The incision site looked good and he gave the okay to begin radiation and chemotherapy and to get her sutures out. Mom was curious as to how the piece of her skull that was removed for surgery was re-attached, so I asked Dr. Boling today and he explained that he attached small titanium plates to the fragment and that the plates will hold it in place until the bone has healed and re-fused together. We also got the MRI images of the before and after shots of the tumor and I will post some eventually. Before we left the hospital we stopped in to see Michelle and Chad and their new baby, Ragan. Mom even got to hold her!

We had a quick lunch and then we spent the afternoon shopping. We hit up some of the stores at the University Town Center and then headed home. Tiffany & Chip provided us with dinner this evening, and since it was just Mom and me, we dined with Aunt Betty. After dinner, Aunt Betty beat us at a game of Phase Ten and then I tried to wear Fancy out for the evening. I'm not sure that she's tired, but I'm exhausted! I successfully got all the laundry washed, and the final load is now in the dryer. In between loads, Mom and I had some crafting time as she made some cards and I assisted.

I believe that pretty much sums up our day. It doesn't look nearly as eventful as it felt. We have two more appointments tomorrow with the radiation oncologist and the neuro-oncologist. If she behaves, I might treat her to some more shopping and errands after her appointment. She's been carrying around some coupons for free underwear at Victoria's Secret and I'm sure it will make her day if we can finally cash those in!

Thanks to Michelle Wilson for dinner last night and to Chip & Tiffany Forman for dinner this evening. We appreciate your concern and generosity! Also, thank you to Donna, Grace, & Mercy for the books! Mom read the Dog Psalms last night and then started Saturdays with Stella. The cards continue to fill our mailbox and it's been wonderful to get them. Thanks to all of you!

1 Comments:

  • You are enjoying the sacredness of everyday living...amen!
    Thanks for being my first follower...

    By Blogger Donna, At 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home