Secondhand News

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Frankenstorm

With the recent winter weather we've had, I've had the opportunity to try out a lot of new things I've pinned on Pinterest.  Here a some photos of what I've been up to.  Enjoy!
This is the cake I made for my nephew's 1st birthday party.  I saw a pin where she used Reese's pieces to cover a basketball cake.  I used the brown Reese's pieces and white Good'n'Plenty to cover this cake.  I also used a recipe for icing made from a pudding mix and Cool Whip.  The icing was delicious; however, it didn't hold the candies on very well.  Live and learn!

These are the cupcakes I also made for his party.  I found the idea on Pinterest and used the pudding frosting with a can of chocolate frosting to make it brown.  Again, it tasted delicious, just like Wendy's frosties; however, it was a little melty and didn't hold up real well when it got warm.

This is another idea I saw to use Armor Etch to personalize Pyrex dishes.  I cut the stencil out with my Cricut on contact paper, and then applied the Armor Etch.  Really easy and so cute!  It was a huge hit as a birthday gift for a friend.  I'm feeling some Christmas inspiration coming on!

I've been doing a good bit of sewing lately and really dislike my little tomato pin cushion that I have, so I searched Pinterest for pin cushions.  I found this idea, and since I've been collecting baby food jars for the perfect inspiration, I decided to raid my stash for this cute little thing!  It was really very simple and turned out pretty well, if I don't say so myself!  I had all the supplies already in my stash, so I didn't have to venture out to shop either, which is a big plus!

1 Comments:

  • So happy to see you back in blog land! I love when a pinterest idea comes to life. Might need to collaborate with you and your crickit on a canvas and woolie project.

    By Blogger Donna, At 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home