Secondhand News

Friday, October 01, 2010

10:00 am Friday, October 1, 2010

We got some good news from the doctor a little earlier this morning. I was able to ask some questions when she came in and get some clarification about what we're facing this time. On Wednesday before she was discharged, 4 blood samples were taken from 4 different locations. The sample from the port was the only sample that grew MRSA, which means that the infection is localized and that they caught it early. It most likely became infected at the most recent stay at the hospital. The MRSA sample was very weak, also indicating that it is in the early stages of infection. The antibiotics have been administered and will continue for 6-weeks. The doctor that placed the port will remove it and replace it with another to further prevent the spread of the infection. I think we'll be staying here throughout the weekend, I haven't heard any definitive timeframe, but the port will have to be surgically removed, and I doubt that will happen today.

I know that all your prayers are working! Mom has been resting and even amidst the scary news, we've been able to stay nestled in God's peace and trusting in His promises. He certainly doesn't give you more than you can handle and every little bit makes you stronger and stronger. I'm amazed at the strength He gives us at times when we think we don't have anything left.

I hope everyone is enjoying the Buckwheat Festival. Have a teddy bear sucker for me! Come out and support my boys tonight at 7:30 at Knights Stadium as we take on MHS. Justin and Allison are going to relieve me and take the afternoon shift. Continue to remember us all in your prayers.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home