Secondhand News

Thursday, January 31, 2008

I love 2nd grade!

Well, I'm about to finish the 3rd week of my student teaching placement and it's going by so quickly. My kids LOVE Science! Maybe it's just because their seven, but I think I could give them magnifying glasses and have them examine dust off the floor, and they'd thoroughly enjoy it. The best part of working with kids this age is that anything you have them do is fun and exciting, making teaching them fun and exciting, too. We just started a lesson in Social Studies with the United States, so I've made it my mission to get postcards from all 50 states sent to my class. In the first week we've received 12 postcards! From our classroom we can see when the mailman arrives at school. I can't help but smile at their excitement as they point out the window and wonder how many postcards will arrive today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home